Nutritional therapy optimizes your body’s ability to find its natural balance and to function at its highest level by adjusting the foods you eat, the foods you avoid and nutrient supplementation. This combination of food intake changes and nutrient supplementation enhances your life by improving your mood, energy levels and vitality, in turn allowing your best self to emerge.
This method looks beyond symptom management and addresses the root functions involved in chronic health issues. In this way nutrition therapy may “turn on” body processes which may be stalled, and alternatively “turn off” processes which may be in overdrive. A real foods plan individualized for your unique metabolic needs, foods in their whole and natural form, no packaged foods or liquid diets, no calorie counting and no food weighing.
Although the damage you may be creating within your body from improper nutrition may not be immediately obvious, illness and disease may become part of your aging process. Conventional thinking tells us that weight gain, fatigue and chronic disease are part of the natural aging process. This is not true, many of these symptoms are simply the result of your body giving up after consistently defending itself against poor nutrition, stress, and environmental toxins over the course of your lifetime.
Many chronic health disturbances & their symptoms are positively affected by nutrition therapy. If you suffer from a chronic health disturbance or simply wish to live your best health potential, I would love to work with you.
Click on a tab below to learn more about other services offered, including:
Even those who currently eat a healthy diet can benefit from a nutritional detoxification as a means to periodically reset the body. Your body stores toxins in fat as a way to protect itself from the detrimental effects of toxins. A nutritional detoxification can be beneficial to kick start weight loss, break through a weight loss plateau and to ensure toxins released from fat tissue are cleared from the body.
Benefits of a nutritional detoxification:
- Increased energy & vitality
- Weight loss and loss of body fat used to store accumulated toxins
- Healthier skin, softer hair
- Clearer thinking, improved mood, and more restful sleep
- Development of healthy habits to enhance your lifestyle
Figuring out our sensitivities can be difficult and time consuming using basic elimination diets. The reactions may be delayed or dose dependent, meaning we may not feel the effects of a reaction until many hours or days after we’ve eaten the reactive foods or until we have eaten enough of the reactive foods.
I choose to offer the KBMO FIT (food inflammation test) which measures both IgG and Immune Complex containing C3d (IC-C3d) to assess food sensitivities. Measuring both IgG and IC-C3d simultaneously, generates twice the signal which improves the sensitivity and therefore the accuracy of the test compared to other food sensitivity tests. There are three FIT Test options FIT 22, FIT 132 and FIT 176, each measures the sensitivity to 22/ 132/ 176 foods, colorings and additives spanning all major food groups. This test can be done in the comfort of your home since it uses blood from a finger prick. The lancet and all necessary supplies are included in the test kit which you can easily pick up from my office.
Once your test results are in, I will sit down with you, review your results and outline your individualized eating plan to set you on your path to wellness.
The following symptoms may be associated with food sensitivities:
- Digestive Complaints: diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, gas, distension,
- General Malaise (feeling lousy): fatigue, insomnia, restlessness,
- Emotional Mental State: depression, anxiety, brain fog, irritability
- Skin Problems: eczema, psoriasis, flushing, itchy skin, rosy cheeks
- Nasal/Sinus Issues: stuffy or runny nose, sneezing, post nasal drip, sinus pain
- Weight Management: food cravings, water retention, fluctuating weight
- Muscle/Joint Pain: aching, stiffness, pain
I work with you to select relevant topics for your audience, event or program theme.
Some of my most in demand sessions include:
- Start the New Year Fresh: Stocking a Healthy Kitchen
- Spring Cleaning for the Body: Nutritional Support for Detoxification
- Go with Your Gut: Nutrition & Gastrointestinal Health
- Nutritional Self Defense Class: Nutrition for Immune System Support
Many conditions may benefit from nutrition therapy including and not limited to:
- Anxiety & Mood Imbalances
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Diabetes/ Glucose Intolerance
- Frequent Colds & Illness
- GI Issues (Reflux, IBD, IBS)
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- Low Energy, Fatigue
- Poor Concentration
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Seasonal Allergies
- Sleep Disturbances
- Thyroid Dysfunction
- Weight Gain, Loss
- Women’s Health (Perimenopause, PMS, PCOS)